PLDS WATER AID PROGRAM
PLDS successfully installed 100 deep tube wells in remote areas of 5 districts in Bangladesh. Each of these tube wells brings water aquifers from an approximate of one thousand feet deep under-ground. The water is thus pure and safe for drinking, cooking, washing and for other domestic use. Each tube well produces on average 150-200 gallons of pure water per day. On an average, about 15 families are benefitted per tube well.
|SL NO||Name of district||Number of DTW installed||Number of gallons use per day||Number cf fames||Total number of beneficiaries||Cost in usd $|
We’re Seeking Your Generous Contribution
It’s a challenge to find safe drinking water in many remote rural areas of Bangladesh. Here are some of the reasons for the crisis:
- Water from ponds, lake and marshes are not safe for drinking
- Often people in remote villages do not have access to water from a safe source
- There are widespread cases of groundwater arsenic contamination in Bangladesh
- Often there is shortage of fresh water due to flood and other natural disaster
- There is acute lack of awareness among rural people about the importance of safe drinking water.
- PLDS will work in creating awareness by empowering the rural, disadvantaged people with information about the importance of using safe drinking water.
- PLDS will install tube wells up to 1000 feet deep to provide safe and lasting source of water in the remote areas of Bangladesh.
There remains a great need to extend this program for supply of safe drinking water to many other remote areas of Bangladesh. We will soon take up the second phase of this project with the goal of installing 200 more deep tube wells.